Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blog Assignment #1

1. How would you have explained the meaning of the term "ethics", before taking this class?

I would have explained ethics as a detailed look into the morality of different situations and events.This view based purely on what i know of ethics comitees and the things they discuss.
2. What are some of your deepest held values?

I believe that freedom is a right to all people. I also believe that each individual person should be responsible for making their own decisions and facing the consequences that follow. It is also important that i am honest not only to others but myself as well. Nothing is worse than lying to yourself, because then you have no one to trust at all for sure.

3. What are some main principles you try to live your life by?
I mainly try to treat everyone fairly and in a manner that i would like to be treated. The golden rule is one of the best rules ever. I also like to have a good time no matter the stuation. Keeping an upbeat spirit when everyone is down helps make everyone happier. Except in certain situations of course.

4. What moral qualities do you look for in others?
Honesty and a good moral sense. I find those that seem to just be self motivated to the point where they harm others or liars extremely distasteful. Mostly, people who are generally considered reliable good people.

5. How were your values and principles developed?
I would have to say that it was all down to how i was raised. My family always taught me that honesty , responsibility and just being a good person. are some of the most valuable assets to have as a person.
6. How have your values and principles changed throughout your life so far?
I have found that There are a lot of decisions involved in being a good person. Sometimes we as people don't always make the right ones, and that has helped shape my understanding of my values more than changed them.

7. Out of 25 points, how many points do you feel your work on this assignment deserves? Justify your answer

I believe that i deserve 25 points out of 25 because I did the assignment, turned it in on time and answered all of the questions completely and honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment